The ADD Knitter

Attention Deficit Disorder and knitting, A dangerous combination.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

How is the cloak going?

Well, I wanted to have it finished by this weekend, and I am nowhere near the end. I wanted to finish it by this weekend because it is the last weekend of the renaissance festival, and have forecasts saying it is going to be nice and cool. A really good time to unveil it, I thought. I realized this week that there was no way I could finish it on time. So I decided to not work on it much and, instead, catch up on some house work. My husband went back to work this week after being home for a little more than two weeks from knee surgery. When he is home I tend to not get a lot done. I am used to having the house to myself on weeknights since I work early mornings and he works late nights. We literally pass each other on the highway. So, that is when I usually do my cleaning time and since I never get to see him, having him home is a treat so I just want to hang out with him, ya know? You see, I can always rationalize why I don't do something I WANT to do but find tedious at times. Is there a support group out there for this?

Tomorrow is Festival Friday. This is a day at the renaissance festival that is set aside for children to come for field trips. It is open for all though. So, what usually happens is that almost all of the season pass holders take the day off work and go for a good time with the other geeks. All of the children are gone by 3PM, so it can get a bit interesting. It is basically our one last big hurrah before it is officially The Last Weekend.

So, tonight is Thursday, the first night of autumn, the weather is absolutely beautiful, tomorrow I don't work because of Festival Friday, I got another Horatio Hornblower DVD from Netflix, life is pretty good at this particular moment in time. Don't you love it when that happens? It is the simple things that make me happy. Heck! I just might pick up that cloak while watching my show.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, September 27, 2005, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks for stopping by and joining me for dinner yesterday! It is always fun to talk about our projects and compare notes. I'm looking forward to learning the new knitting in the round technique from you too!

Love you bunches!
Mom

 
At 9:15 PM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm missing you.... and just wondering what you're up to these days.

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone- any salmanilla/ skiing fever this year?

Missa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home