The ADD Knitter

Attention Deficit Disorder and knitting, A dangerous combination.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Let's try this again...

I have decided to try blogging again. I lost interest in my last one (The Skiing Pirate) because I didn't have anything to focus on. Well, I thought to myself, "Self," I thought, "What about knitting?" I have a problem with knitting. I get ideas of something I want to knit while working on a project. What usually happens is I have about 5 projects going at the same time. I guess I am kind of like that with a lot of things. I, on average, have about 4 books being read at the same time. I have one in my car to read during my lunch break, one for relaxing in the tub, one or 2 to read when there is nothing on TV, which is most of the time. Right now, I am reading a book called "Mina" that a friend of mine lent me, a collection of stories that have something to do with renaissance fairs, and I am re-reading the Harry potter series and The Lord of the Rings. So, back on subject, I have a slight case of Attention Deficit Disorder and I love to knit. I thought that could make for an entertaining blog. So, Here I am.

I am going through a dishcloth phase right now. They are a lot of fun because there are so many different ones to do and they area quick finished project. I have a hard time finishing projects. I will be working on something and thinking about the pattern, then I think of ways to slightly change it to make something else or how I might like to put this pattern into a different project altogether. Case in point: I was making a round dishcloth on 2 straight needles using a short row technique, and when I finished, before sewing up the seam, I looked at it and saw a cloak. Now I am working on an expanded version of that pattern to make myself a cloak. The original dishcloth is sitting on my coffeetable waiting to have it's seam sewed up.

So, let's see if I can keep interest in THIS blog.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, September 12, 2005, Anonymous Jenna said...

i need dishcloths! make me some!

 
At 3:27 PM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to see what our little ADD Knitter was up to these last few days, but it appears maybe you have been unmotivated or unsure what to write! Your public awaits! Spew forth your thoughts, complaints, and notations of fabulous life occurances. (Missa)

 
At 10:15 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Peacefrog said...

Maybe, from time to time, when contemplating what your knitting project will someday become, you should consider the practical application of the finished product. While I understand the artistic notion of allowing your projects to evolve over time into bigger and better things, I have rarely heard of anyone wearing a cloak on a regular basis since....well... at least the mid 19th century. Here's an idea. When thinking about these patterns, and what they could become, think about knitting something for your brother. Maybe a cool sweater. I don't know. Just some friendly advise to keep your mind on track.

 
At 9:59 AM, September 16, 2005, Anonymous Mom said...

Always the practical brother....
I guess he does not have the soul of an artist like you.

He also cannot figure out why anyone person needs anymore than 1 HAT at a time! (I have been making many hats lately, and soon 1 might be for him!)

Keep up the work here and feel free to express yourself

Love and kisses,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home